To register a rewards new card or log onto your account, please visit rewards.icafe.uk.com. Read our Terms and Conditions here.
Last updated May 2018 v2. If we make changes to this policy, we will notify you by updating the policy on our websites.
Information you provide to us
- We collect basic personal information about you including your name, contact address, email, telephone number and date of birth when you register for an ("iCafe Rewards Card") account, modify your profile, set preferences and make other changes to your profile.
- We collect other content that you submit to us through our website, social media platforms, comment cards, guest surveys, an enquiry or complaint. This covers all channels of communication with us and content or information about you that you may choose to post, send, receive and share with us.
- Visual images captured through CCTV for the purpose of security and crime prevention. We normally keep for 30 days with some exceptions for the purpose of an investigation by law enforcement agencies or our regulators.
- To facilitate the processing of payment cards and transaction data.
- When you undertake employment with us under the terms of your contract, relevant HR procedures and information in the employee handbook including GDPR updates. Retention periods are based on business or legal and regulatory requirements.
How we use information we collect
We may process your information where it is in our legitimate interests do so as an organisation and without prejudicing your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. This may include processing your information to:
- Enable you to accumulate points by participating in ("iCafe Rewards Scheme"), redeem them and allow us to provide other rewards related services within the terms and conditions of the scheme. This may include crediting or compensating your account when necessary.
- Respond to customer enquiries, manage our relationship with you where requested and to resolve technical issues you encounter where you give us permission to do so by leaving your contact details.
- Communicate with you based on your activity and interactions with us through iCafe website, third-party social media or reviews web, desktop and mobile products and by post.
- Fulfil orders, send our products and services to you through our own or an affiliated company warehouse storage and dispatch centre.
- Protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights, we monitor our CCTV for identifying incidents, suspicious or fraudulent activity, theft and accidents.
- We may publish guest feedback and testimonials to provide internal staff training, anonymise them for display on our public websites or promote featured customer stories, with your permission.
- Perform general, financial and regulatory accounting and reporting. Monitor, maintain and improve internal business processes. Access the performance and effectiveness of our products and services.
- Where we have your consent or opt-in, provide you with information about our products and services in accordance with your marketing preferences. We do not share, sell or disclose your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
How we share the information we collect
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, integrate and support some of our services for the following purposes:
- To facilitate the processing of payment cards on your behalf when you pay for our products or services in accordance with industry security PCI DSS standards. Our merchant services provider is Global Payments Inc.
- Where we are required by law and by law enforcement agencies, judicial bodies, government entities or regulatory bodies.
- Social media platforms and management tools, to enable us to respond to any communications with you via our social media channels.
- Companies, agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf that provide you with associated benefits or hosted I.T. service platforms (such as "iCafe Rewards Scheme").
- Any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer all or substantial business. Should such a sale or transfer of assets occur, we’ll only do so if they agree to keep your data safe and private.
- In the event that we transfer information to countries outside of the European Economic Area, we follow GDPR-permitted mechanisms for cross-border transfers including the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, appropriate safeguards, derogations, and consent.
How long we keep your information
How do we protect your Personal Information
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the confidentiality of the personal data that you entrust us with and to prevent it from being accidentally lost, used or accessed, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to only those who need it, use SSL certification to send data over an encrypted connection and delete or anonymise your information to prevent any unauthorised use. We will notify you and any applicable regulatory of a breach where we are legally required to do so. Any payment transactions carried out by our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted.
How to access and control your information
The following section provides a summary of your rights in relation to your personal data, how to exercise them and any limitations. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. There is no fee to exercise any of your rights however, we may charge a reasonable fee or deny unfounded, repetitive or excessive requests.
- You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to your ("iCafe Rewards Scheme") account at rewards.icafe.uk.com
- You have the right to request the update, rectification, deletion or restriction of your information.
- You have the right to request a copy of your information in a commonly used portable electronic format. ("iCafe Rewards Card") points and transaction history can be accessed by signing in to your account at rewards.icafe.uk.com
- You can object to us processing your personal information.
- Object to receiving marketing communications even if you've previously provided consent or opt-in.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16.
- To be valid a request for personal information should be submitted in writing (requests submitted by e-mail are acceptable). To ensure we are releasing data to the right person we are required to take reasonable steps to verify your identity. If you would like to exercise any of your data subject rights, please contact us by: Telephone: 0141 339 3333, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Post: Subject Access Requests, iCafe Limited, 21 Marine Crescent, The Toll Gate, Glasgow, G51 1HD